Sunday, December 2, 2012

December Update

It's been awhile since I've posted any updates.  Have an appointment in the middle of the month to do the tests that Stanford wants before making a decision about whether they should list me.  Seems like I'm always playing the waiting game.

In October my cousin got married.  It was a nice wedding.  Very Jesus centered, which is what my cousin and her husband wanted.  I enjoyed seeing family again.  I did miss my boyfriend (going to refer to him as SB from now on).  Due to the limited amount of space SB couldn't attend and I missed him terribly.  I know he would have enjoyed talking about zombies with my brother.  And most of my family on my dad's side are Lord of The Rings fans as well.  Besides, I've yet to get a slow dance with SB.

After my cousin's wedding, I went with my dad to my uncle's house where my dad surprised me with a car.  I was pretty shocked.  My brain was going, "I can see your lips moving, but I can't understand what you're saying." My stepmom got a picture of it.  I kind of look like a deer caught in head lights.  I am so glad to have a car again.  It had been a year and a half since my last one and I was definitely finding myself in need of transportation.

The car has made it easier to spend time with SB and I've been able to make it to appointments without hounding other people for a ride.  I am able to stick to my commitments without worrying about canceling.

After I returned home from my cousin's wedding, I wanted to go to SB's to show him the car, but SB turned out to be pretty sick.  This is one of the hard parts about CF.  I can't just go see a loved one when they are sick.  I have to stay away and seem cold hearted.  I really wanted to go see SB and give him some chicken soup.  I wound up making him a care package.  I put in some teas that help me when I'm feeling crummy.  I made him mini apple cakes.  I wrote him a get well letter.  And then I included a mask so we could hang out.  And he wore the mask.  The cool part is, I didn't get sick.  Between tons of Purel and SB wearing a mask, I made it without even a sniffle.  SB felt better by the end of the week.

October was also the month SB and I celebrated six months of dating.  We dressed up and went for Italian.  It felt pretty good hitting the six month mark and still enjoying the relationship.

October ended with my trip to Stanford.  I want to thank everyone for their prayers involving the doctors' decision.  While they didn't decide to list me just yet, it does give me time to plan.

November seemed to fly by.  I spent Thanksgiving with SB and his family.  It was fun watching him play with the little kids.

December is filling up fast.  We are planning the last movie night of the year for our Bible Study.  SB is moving (the house he lives in is for sale). I've been apartment searching (house I live in is for sale).  I have another Stanford trip for some tests.  And we have all the Christmas festivities included.  It is looking to be a busy month.  A fun but busy month.

No comments:

Post a Comment