Thursday, October 11, 2012

On IVs Again

So, I have found myself back on IVs again. This time it's at home. Not really sure what's causing it. Had a slight fever on Wednesday but that cleared up by the following day. Then this weekend I started having trouble breathing.

Not what I had planned for this month. My cousin is getting married, my dad is visiting, my boyfriend and I will be celebrating six months together, and I have a trip to Stanford. All this planned for October. There's no time for being sick. So here I am at home on IVs Nd oxygen, trying to figure out had to keep all of my commitments.

I guess this is one of the challenges of CF. Trying to balance treatment and medication schedules with having a life. It's not easy. There are days when I think I have it all worked out and then there are days where I have no idea how to get that balance.

Luckily, today there is nothing planned. I am hoping to rest up enough to join the ladies from my Bible Study for sushi night. That is my hope. If I can't make it, it won't be because I didn't do what I could.

I think the problem with being sick this time is that I don't want to sit still and rest. I want to be doing things. The weather is cooling down and I want to be riding my bike, getting a last hike or two in. I want to start baking. I want to attend Fall events. I feel physically tired, but my brain is yelling, "Let's Go!"

Maybe I can convince my mom to help me find my crochet supplies in the garage. That might keep my brain appeased for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment