Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Baked Eggs

So my guy has found himself a new job. Upside it's 40 hours a week with benefits. Downside, it's weekend Noc shifts. So I thought I'd treat him to a nice breakfast on his first weekend.

I hate eggs. I normally will smother them in cheese before I eat them. I do like baked eggs. I usually smother them in cheese so it's all nice and melted by the time they're done baking.

One day I had a crazy idea of wrapping the eggs in bacon. Actually, it's my boyfriend's fault. He calls bacon the chocolate of the meat world. Everything just tastes better with bacon, so why not eggs?

Ingredients:

Bacon (two strips per ramekin)
Eggs (two per ramekin)
Grated Cheese (any kind you like)
Butter
Pepper to taste
Favorite spices

1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. While oven heats up, prepare your ramekins.

2. To keep the eggs from sticking, rub some butter on the bottom of each ramekin.

3. Wrap the two slices of bacon on the inside of each ramekin.

4. Crack two eggs open and drop into the center of the ramekin. The bacon should be forming a ring around the eggs.

5. Top with pepper and favorite seasoning (I used chipotle). No need for salt, there's more than enough in the bacon.

6. Top with about an ounce of your favorite shredded cheese.

7. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 24-30 minutes. I live at a higher elevation so for lower ones you might only need to bake for 15-20 minutes.

8. Let cool for about five minutes and then dig into all its bacony goodness.

For us who are watching nutrition facts, here's the lowdown on one ramekin.

260 Calories, 19.2g fat, 592mg sodium, 1.6g carbs, 20.7g protein

This is by no means an "eat only one" type of breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment