Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SOB

Shortness of Breath.

The first time I saw that on my medical chart, I thought, What the heck? Why would they put SOB as reason for hospitalization. I know I'm an annoying patient, but man that's kind of a rude diagnosis. Later I was informed what it meant.

So yesterday, I called my doctor's office complaining of shortness of breath. I've been feeling pretty good all summer and suddenly I'm having a hard time walking without gasping for air. I don't know if it's the heat or if the darn buggers in my lungs decided it was time to fight back again.

After waiting at home for most of the day, I got a call back from the doctor's office telling me to start taking Batrim and call on Thursday. I keep Bactrim on hand for emergencies but I am not a fan of it. It dries secretions making it harder for me to get stuff out and I wind up feeling tight chested all day. Not to mention my sinuses feel all stuffed up when I take Bactrim.

I will be calling the doctor tomorrow and letting him know that I am still gasping and now all tight chested. I don't want another trip to the hospital and am hoping there's something I can do at home, if we catch an infection early enough.

Not too happy about how I'm feeling. Supposed to start moving on Saturday and need to feel at my best. Moving is not a fun ordeal when you're healthy so feeling below par is going to make it a challenge.

On a good note my grandmother and I are on our second blackberry pie from this season's blackberries. Blackberries grow like crazy at the family ranch. We're hoping to make jam out of the rest. If we make jam, that should get us through the winter. The crazy weather has made the other crops produce very little this year. So we are going to have to stretch what we have.

I'm going to go dig into a pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment